Monday, October 6, 2014

A Prophet

Sister Frame and Sister Davis

This week was busy - understatement
I left my companion for a whole 2.5 days.  It was the worst.  Thursday I left Tugue (along with three elders) for the mission home where I would be spending the night.  We got to Cauayan by 8:30 and had dinner with President and Sister Rahlf.  Then the APs picked up the elders for the night...and I was left with President and Sister Rahlf eating rocky road ice-cream and Family Scripture Study.  It was intimidating but incredible.  I learned a lot.  Felt the spirit so strongly.  Sister Rahlf always has the best things to say.  As we were talking, she shared the quote with me - 

Peace is not the absence of trouble.  It's the presence of Christ.

I ended the night with
a hot shower (the first time in 17 months)
and fell asleep with a blanket
a bed
and an air-conditioned room.

I was so comfortable - 
I could not sleep.

The next morning we flew to Manila with the other foreigners in my batch to do visa work and fingerprinting.  It was hectic and busy, but all got accomplished.  We managed to make it to Mall of Asia for about an hour - the biggest mall in Asia.  I think we saw only 1/100th of it.  

We ended the night in a small, smelly hotel room.  It was so fitting to my current circumstances, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

We didn't get home till Saturday night.  It was good to get back to my area and be with S!  Our reunion was as if I had just been gone for 18 months.  Yesterday, after sacrament we were able to get out and catch up for our loss.  We found 2 new investigators!  This area is finally starting to turn around.  It always makes the work so much more exciting.  

It's so fulfilling when our prayers at night are filled with individuals to specifically pray for, and our thoughts revolve soley around them.  We have a very busy next few weeks - I'm excited for it.  We have so much to do here in Penablanca.

I'm jealous you all got to listen to General Conference this weekend!  I get to do that this Saturday and Sunday - 

I
Can't 
Wait
(Conference weekends are by far my favorite weekends on the mission).

Yesterday, we were teaching Sister J. about prophets - and every time I teach that lesson, my gratitude for a living prophet grows.  How lucky are we to have a living prophet to lead and guide us in this generation - in this world that has so much temptation and distractions and "ugly" attacking us.

We have someone's voice to listen to, someone's words to follow.  And how comforting to know that those words are coming directly from Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.

We have so much going for us in this Gospel of Jesus Christ.  
We have all we need.
We have all the tools for our success.

-Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment