Tuesday, September 3, 2013

S-T-R-E-T-C-H



                                                         Merry Christmas!

I say Merry Christmas because it's now September.

Celebration of Christmas started yesterday - we sang Christmas music in church. which made me sad a little bit. let's just drag out the fact that I won't spend Christmas with my family.....for 4 months why don't we?

I'll be fine - 

I heard that Christmas gets pretty wild around here.  Lots of homemade fireworks.  You know I love that kind of stuff.  Maybe it will make up for the lack of the 4th of July.

This week was S L O W, as in work.  Sister P still gets sick a lot, so we didn't work as much as I would have liked.  So....I spent my days just studying my brains out until I thought it was going to explode.  I studied my language book, and when I got bored with that, studied the Tagalog Book of Mormon, until my jaw hurt and my throat was sore from speaking...butchering... so many words.  To unwind, I would read Jesus the Christ, and my brain could only handle so much of that, so then I would work on conjugating verbs:

I now have hundreds of flash cards with conjugation tables taped up to my wall.  I lay in bed as I fall asleep and conjugate.  It's like counting sheep.  And then in the morning, I plant myself in my chair and practice practice practice for a few hours before personal study (I started waking up early).

It's easy to wake up at 5:30...because the heat that I sleep in is about as painful as lying on asphalt pavement in the summer time.  I would much rather be walking around in the heat than roasting like a marshmallow.  (Yes, I'm comparing myself to a marshmallow...cause there is no denying i've gotten so "fluffy").  Occasionally I find myself yelling "mom!!! it's so so so hot!"  I don't think you can actually hear me, mom...but...i actually have no explanation for it.

September 6th!!! T's baptism!!  He is one of my favorites.  He's a college professor.  Went to Bible school and is INCREDIBLE at English.  We've been teaching him for the last 6 weeks.  I LOVED teaching him because we did it...all in English.  Those lessons were always my favorite and such a tender mercy for me - that P and I had the privilege to teach him about this Gospel. 

September 14th!!!  Mk is getting baptized!! (yes, N's husband).  Literally - I cannot express how they have changed my life.  My best friends.  So hilarious and we could just hang out for hours.  We are having Family Home Evening with them tonight...It is incredible to see where this family is now compared to 11 weeks ago (see "My Heart is Getting Full" post).  The Gospel is incredible.

M. has also enrolled in a mission prep class...and is gonna work with us all week.  She told us she wants to serve a mission.  She's a champion.

It's cool to see these people learn and grow and love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  
It makes the hard days worth it.  
It makes me want to strive to be better and be more like them.
These people are teaching me.
They are helping me grow in the Gospel.
It's amazing.
It's hard.
But it's awesome.

I can't explain to you how much your support, encouragement and love mean to me.  I have the best family and friends.  All the thanks in the world!  

The Gospel is true.  Cherish it with your whole heart.  

We have so many reasons to be happy.

Fav Scrips this week:  D&C 18:44, Mosiah 2:22-24
- Sis M Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment