Monday, January 20, 2014

people, it's about the people

Hi all,

I was transferred to the Cauayan Zone.  womp womp womp.  I have just come from Solano...the zone that taught me now to love the people.  This area is actually pretty great, and the people are sweet.  The place is green and has lots of palm trees.  So, I'm happy.  I can be myself here - goofy with all the members.

My comp is Sister S.  and she's pocket sized.  She's been out about a year, and she's Filipina (holla!) and super fun.  We live in new apartments right next to two other sisters in our branch.

Sis. S is a super hard working, which I love.  I've met some incredible incredible people in the area - like the recent converts D.M. and the Powderpuff girls.  No really, that's what we call them.  That's what the whole town calls them.  They are four best friends and they all just got baptized.  I love teaching them.  They are the happiest, simplest little girls I've every seen.  They've taught me a lot.

Our branch is awesome.  They are so supportive and so funny.  Church was comfortable for the first time.  I had the COOLEST job yesterday during Sunday School and Relief Society.  There is a 17 year old girl in our branch who is deaf.  And since there is no such thing as Tagalog Sign Language, she knows American Sign Language.  So...technically, she's fluent in English.   I got to sit next to her and translate the lessons from Tagalog into English writing words in her notebook.  She is the cutest little girl, and had so much light to her.  I can't explain it.  It was the most spiritual, humbling church block I have been to on my mission.  Her energy and happiness were illuminated from her face.  It was just so sincere.  You could see the spirit inside of her.  I felt privileged to sit next to her and translate, and hope I get to do it every week.

I love you all.  Thank you for the updates.  Keep reading the scriptures.

Heavenly Father has given us everything we need.  Don't take it for granted.

-Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment