Thursday, October 17, 2013

the one where she describes the typhoon, not the earthquake


and A Trip to the Zoo

This week...there was a Typhoon (Mom, how did you know?  are you stalking me?  are you here?  if you are...stop hiding.  come hang with Sister L. and I).  The day before it hit was super windy and stormy...naturally.  All day we were receiving texts from the mission home for preparation and updates.  The town people were on the move to higher ground.  Sis. L was shocked I still suggested we work.  But it was so funny to work - like the wind made it fun to trudge through the streets.  Whenever anyone did anything, L. and I would look at each other and say, "ooooh.  The Typhoon, that's why."

not funny?  maybe ya had to be there.

We're still hearing typhoon excuses....two days later.

The funniest part is...the typhoon completely missed us.  I woke up Saturday morning, and the first thing I said to L. was, "uh...hello!  did we get skipped!?"  all the hype - for nothing?  But really it was a blessing.  Because a lot of the people (all of the people) here in Santiago can't afford a typhoon.  really. Typhoons ruin lives.  People don't come back from those.  So, we are truly blessed.  I don't know how the rest of the mission did, but my area is alive and well.

Also good:  the typhoon did not affect our ability to watch conference.

Conference was the best.  My favorite part of the week.

As for investigators - we have lots.  We're working on their progression...some right now are struggling in keeping commitments.  They are SO CLOSE to having so many blessings.  L. and I are prayerfully studying and working on the lessons to teach so that they can understand the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Sometimes complications come in with the whole "marriage" situation here.  There is no such thing as a normal divorce here in the Philippines.  One of our biggest set backs is people getting or being married. It's expensive.

But, Heavenly Father is in charge.  We'll figure it out.

I love you all, thanks for everything.  The Gospel is so real.  Count your blessings.  Write them down.  Read them when you're having a hard day.  Then thank Heavenly Father for them.

Fav Scriptures:
2 Nephi 2:8 and 26:33
Mosiah 2:36 and 4:9-10
Revelation 3:20-21

Our district went to the "zoo" last week.  How can I say this?  It was basically just all the animals I see wandering the streets everyday...behind a cage.

-Sister Frame




No comments:

Post a Comment