Tuesday, July 9, 2013

We have so many reasons to be happy...

Sister Frame, just off the plane

Hi All!  This week went by fast - well, this week feels like a year, but at the same time, it feels like I just had P-day....

The scriptures and the power that comes from reading them are what have kept me here on my mission.  Any time I think I'm uncomfortable or want to cry, I just open my scriptures.  The words change my life everyday.  There is SO MUCH in them that answers ALL of my questions.  I have never been so obsessed with the Book of Mormon.  I am so intrigued.  That's all I do when I have a minute to spare.  I am So Grateful for the scriptures.  Love them.  Cherish them.  Live them.  It will make you happy.

Ward council yesterday was 4.5 hours long...I understood probably 1/10 of what was being said...and that fraction I understood was in English.  - (and we took a break like every other hour to eat something.  Filipinos love snacks).  I love our Bishop - he's a stud.  He really has our back as missionaries and is always having us over for dinner.  His wife is a bomb cook.

Oh, I still speak English.  Really.  I don't know this language.  I got chewed out by a Filipino man the other night.  I was just chill in, kinda dazed out as my companion was talking to him about the printer at the store.  He turned to me and asked if I understood what he was saying.  I said, "Konti-lang," a little bit.  And then he started:  I'm in this country, I need to respect it by speaking Tagalog.  I was.....super annoyed.  It had been a long day, and I just looked at him, and legitimately said, "Dude, I'm trying."  I know that wasn't the most polite, dignified, or proper way to act as a sister missionary....but we aren't perfect.  and I don't even feel bad for that one.

I've learned how to say the important things like, "Hello" is ...hello.  And I know how to say, "it smells so bad," "I'm hungry," or in more cases, "No thanks, I'm full...really, I'm full...I don't want anymore of your fish gut soup."  ....and some other gospel related things.  I'm working on it..and fasting and praying for the gift of tongues...and reading the Tagalog Book of Mormon everyday.  Eventually, hopefully within the next 16 months, I'll improve.

I have many reasons to be happy.  I teach the most incredible individuals in the world.  My whole days are centered around the gospel, and I have the help and strength from the Lord in everything I do.

I'm happy.  I'm blessed.  so blessed.  I'm grateful to be here.  I'm grateful for the experiences...even on the rough days.  I remind myself that it will all be ok.  It always is.  The Scriptures and Prayer keep my going.  I don't feel lonely when I pray.  I pray in my head about 90% of the day...and the other 10% is out loud.  ha.  Be happy, we have so many reasons to be happy.  Thank you for all your support.  I love you and pray for you each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment