Monday, March 31, 2014

The Book of Mormon




"I'm so happy, I could fly!"  Those were the exact words R exclaimed to me as I met her outside of the baptismal font.  The look on her face was priceless.  It is branded in my mind forever.

Our whole mission is doing a Book of Mormon 'Power Read.'  It's a 60 day read and started earlier this week.  I'm reading it with a new fresh Book of Mormon and circling anytime it makes reference to Jesus Christ.  Also, I'm highlighting certain things about His mission here on earth.  The whole thing is focused around the Savior, which is incredible because I have that focus in mind.

 The Book of Mormon

The heat is creeping back.  You know it's hot when you step outside and it's deathly quiet.  as in absolutely no sound.  The dogs are too exhausted to bark.  There are no people in sight, no kids playing in the streets, nobody riding their bikes down the road trying to sell balut.  The commotion starts around 6 at night when people finally come out of their homes because it's air that is refreshing enough to breathe....90 degrees...

On Saturday, Sister S and I hit the streets.  We traveled far to one of our areas and expected a lot of appointments.  We walked until 7 pm and had absolutely no lessons.  That's never happened before.  It was frustrating, but we made the best of it.  We cracked jokes the whole day, and by 3, we turned everything into one big fat game of who could sweat the most.  It was one of the longest days of my mission.  Heavenly Father blessed us yesterday with the success that we needed though.

This week especially, I've focused on my relationship with Jesus Christ.  I can't say a lot because some of the experiences I have been fortunate enough to have are so sacred and dear to me that I can't express them.  All I can say is that the Atonement is real.  That Jesus Christ really does love us.  And knows us.  He is our brother.  If there is one thing in life that I desire for anyone and everyone - it is for them to truly understand that.  and have that true knowledge of their Savior.

That's why I'm here.
I don't think we always fully recognize what we have
and how lucky we are to have it.

Did you guys know that I'm a grandma?   My kid is training a new missionary now.  cool right?

Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment