Monday, November 11, 2013

November 8, 2013

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to write...as in - I feel very very blessed that I am a missionary in an internet cafe with the ability to write home, and I'm not a missionary in the Tacloban mission where I'm either considered "missing" or haven't been heard from.  Sister L. and I were at an investigators house when they were watching the news of the typhoon.  It's unreal.  Remember that movie that we all went to see last winter about the Tsunami.. I can't remember the name, but it made all of us cry.  This news was just a replay of that.  I was sitting there on the floor with my eyes glued to the TV completely numb.  Watching these people and everything being destroyed, it makes me sick to my stomach.  As for me and the fellow missionaries in the Cauayan Mission, we are safe and sound.  Thankfully.  Please keep praying for those people in Leyte.

This week I really focused on the Spirit.  I feel like so many people expect that a mission is 18 months or two years of feeling the Spirit constantly and being on some floating cloud of glorious spiritual upliftment.  It's not.  Don't get me wrong - there are miracles and so many experiences that I have been privileged to be a part of that can't be expressed with words, but there are many hours of...not that.  Many hours of discouragement and frustration and pure pleading to Heavenly Father for help.  But this week - I tried to recognize the holiness of every day.  Life is busy.  Always.  Especially life outside of a mission.  Every day, each of us are faced with responsibilities and distractions, but how often do we take the time to sit back and look for the holiness in the simple things?

As I really tried to focus on it, I felt the Spirit so much stronger, and I'm able to recognize the hand of my Savior so much clearer in my everyday life.  Just walking down the street, even though it's hot, dirty, smelly, I see the beauty of my surroundings, the nature, the people in their holiness.

I'm very grateful to be a part of this Gospel.  It's real.  I know that with the entirety of my heart.

love and miss you all!

-Sister Frame

Jacob 5:23-24
                                     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment