Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Willing




















Dear Aunt Laura,

I was so happy to hear that you and Uncle Sean are teaching mission prep!  So cool.  I've been thinking all week what I could tell you - 

The mission is quite the experience.  No matter how prepared you feel like you are for a mission, uh....just prepare to be unprepared.  I felt like I was ready.  I knew the work was going to be hard, but...I didn't really.  It's a kind of 'hard' that comes from only experiencing it.  However, without the discouraging experiences, we wouldn't be able to feel the joy and excitement and enthusiasm that comes from the good times.

A friend of mine told me before I left that going on a mission is like going to the moon.  The astronaut can bring back moon rocks, memories and even photos, but the other people never get to experience the take off, zero gravity and re-entry.  It's something that can only be experienced.

Truly knowing in your heart your purpose as a missionary is what is so important.  Knowing why you're here and your responsibility as an individual who wears the title of 'Sister' or 'Elder' 

on the SAME tag that states you are a representative of Jesus Christ

is the most important thing.  We are giving ONLY a year and a half or two years of our time to dedicate and share what we know to our brothers and sisters about this Gospel.  We have to learn to love this work no matter what the day is like or where we are.  And in order to love this work we have to be truly converted to this Gospel.  We ourselves have to have the testimony.  Coming on this mission I thought I had a pretty solid and strong testimony.  But EVERYDAY I'm tested and my faith is tried, and my trust in Heavenly Father grows.  But - I love it.  I love this gospel.  In the purest sense of the word, I love this Gospel.

A mission is tough.  But, it's worth it.

also - thank you for saying in your letter - "Heavenly Father doesn't need us to be totally capable - just willing and diligent."  That was an answer to my prayers this week.  I have it written on the front of my journal.

Love, 
Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment